Our universal dashpot may need the stem cut down in order to fit your carburetor. Once that is accomplished, adjust as in the following:
- Loosen the dashpot nut.
- Open choke plate manually, and hold the throttle plate closed.
- Measure the clearance between the throttle lever and the dashpot plunger tip.
- Use a drill bit, the size specified in the carburetor kit specifications.
- Hold the plunger in a depressed position while making this measurement.
- Turn the dashpot body until you get the correct measurement.