1992-1995 Honda Civic
Before removing any component on a fuel injection system, the fuel pressure should be released. Use safety glasses and have a fire extinguisher on hand.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the gas cap to relieve any pressure in the gas tank.
- You will need two wrenches. One to loosen the fuel filter service bolt and one to hold the banjo bolt that the service bolt is installed. (Fig A)
- Cover the service bolt with a rag to catch any excess fuel that leaks out.
- While holding the banjo bolt slowly loosen the service bolt allowing fuel to flow out. Allow the fuel pressure to relieve before removing the service bolt.
- Once repairs are completed install the service bolt, using a new sealing washer.
- Torque the service bolt to 96 inch lbs.