Motorcraft 2 barrel carburetor Idle Adjustment w/Solenoid1980 & later models are not adjustable. These are computer controlled. 1979 American Motors 150 4 cyl
- If there is a lock nut on the solenoid plunger, then loosen it.
- Turn the idle speed adjusting nut, or the hex screw on the plunger.
- Disconnect the solenoid wire and adjust the idle speed to 500 rpm in neutral.
- Reconnect the solenoid wire unless the carburetor has a dashpot.
- w/Dashpot – With the engine idling, hold the solenoid stem all the way in. Measure the distance from the plunger end to the lever. Should be .093″
- Connect the Solenoid wire.
Another Solenoid Adjustment