If you try to remove the throttle body screws w/o following these instructions, you will probably break the screw. They break easily.
- Mark the valves so that you put them in the exact same side and direction.
- 1st grind off the threaded end of the screws flush with the throttle shaft. This will remove any mushroom.
- Place something under the throttle shaft to support it while banging on the shaft. They bend easily.
- Use a screw driver that fills the slot as much as possible.
- While tapping on the screw driver twist the screw driver counter clockwise.
Screw won’t come out?
You will have to drill and tap.
- Starting with a drill bit much smaller than the screw diameter, drill a hole in the center. Maybe 1/8″.
- Increase the drill bit size so that it is slightly smaller than the screw diameter and drill through again.
- If you are close enough to the diameter, the screw threads may come out.
- If not, then chase the threads with a tap.
These instructions assume you have some experience with taps and drills. If not, then leave the project to a professional.