Relieving Fuel Pressure
This is a must do anytime you remove, or open any injection component.
- Remove gas cap to relieve any pressure in the gas tank.
- 4.6L engine require the intake manifold cover be removed.
- There is a fuel pressure test port which is located on the fuel rail. This test port has a schrader valve and there are two ways to relieve the pressure.
- Obtain a fuel pressure gauge that includes a relief valve. Hook it up to the port and use the relief valve to relieve the pressure. A fuel pressure gauge is a must have if you need to measure the pressure.
- Use a screw driver to press down on the schrader valve. Relieve the pressure until nothing comes out.
- Use a rag, or container to catch any gas that comes out.
Test Fuel Pressure
Find the schrader valve